October 24-27, 2018
Anaheim, CA, USA
Mastering the Challenge:
Engineering for Complex Loading Conditions in the 21st Century
The Call for Abstracts deadline has been extended by one week from December 15, 2017 to December 22, 2017 so if you haven’t submitted an Abstract already, you have a little more time to do so. Details below taken from the DFI Call for Abstracts document.
This conference will feature technical presentations on innovations and advancements that address performance based design and construction of foundations subject to increasingly challenging structural demands. The 2018 Conference will provide an international forum for a wide range of geo-professionals to present, discuss, and debate all aspects of assessment, development, design and mitigation for complex loading conditions in the 21st Century. A number of sessions will be dedicated to panel discussions in which invited specialists will interact with the audience to examine pressing issues in foundation industry practices.
Abstracts for technical papers and panel sessions can be submitted at www.dfi.org/annual2018, no later than Friday, December 22, 2017. All accepted papers will be published in the Conference Proceedings, and select papers will be presented orally by the author during the appropriate technical session. Proposals for panel sessions are welcomed and encouraged.
Abstracts for papers are welcomed on the following topics:
• Risk Assessment and Mitigation
• Lessons Learned (Case Histories / Innovations / Forensic Work)
• Seismic Design / Soil Structure Interaction / Lateral Loading
• Performance Based Deep Foundation Design
• Ground Improvement
• Innovation Techniques for Earth Retention and Stabilization
• Advancements in Instrumentation and Monitoring
• Analysis, Design and Construction for Extreme Events
• Mega Projects (Projected Work / Risk Mitigation / Contractual Aspects)
• Constructability Issues and Design Aspects
• Other Deep Foundations-Related Topics